Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea


Today's lunches took on an underwater theme. I've been wanting to make these octopus hot dogs ever since I saw them on the Biting The Hand That Feeds You blog, but wanted to wait until M's Goodbyn boxes came. 

M's lunch today

ramen noodles dyed blue 
with some colby cheese fish swimming around

apple "star fish"

octopus nitrate-free chicken hot dogs
and ketchup for dipping

carrot "star fish"

And a few little goldfish crackers in the compartment next to her drink bottle. There isn't really any room to put in an ice pack to keep everything cool (unless I want to give up one of the food compartments, so I filled her drink bottle up with ice cubes that should be melted in time for lunch. Hopefully that works.


 T's lunch today:

 ramen noodles dyed blue 
& provolone cheese fish swimming around

 strawberry jam fish sandwich
cheddar cheese for the stripes & an icing eye

 green grape "fish eggs"
& a provolone fish

 cantaloupe "star fish"

 half of a nitrate-free chicken hot dog "octopus"

gold fish crackers

what was left over:
cheese fish & 2 stripes 
& about half of the ramen noodles


Bento Lunch

5 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Great job!!! Feel free to join our weekly meme over at Bento Blog Network. Tomorrow's theme will be smiles!

Unknown said...

I love the tiny fish, blue water, and colby jack fish. The whole tin looks great!

Candy Girl said...

Great minds think alike! Check out my Under The Sea tin - we had some of the same ideas, right down to the Little Mermaid lyrics :) My grapes were sea urchins though. How did your kids like the blue ramen noodles? Mine weren't too keen on them after the first few bites...

B said...

Candy Girl -
Your under the sea bento was so super adorable. Loved the little crab! My daughter will eat anything I put in front of her so she was more than happy to eat the ramen noodles (something I don't allow them to have very often) and really liked that they were dyed blue. My son, on the other hand, is the pickiest eater I have ever met and wasn't too impressed. He did try a few bites, but he had quite a few noodles left over.

Ludicrous Mama said...

Squeee! Love it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...