Followers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Yesterday while at Home Goods I found this super cute black cat pasta. It's all natural wheat & spinach pasta cat shapes. Here is their website- they have lots of different fun shapes. I decided to make T's bento lunch using the black cat as inspiration. Here's what he ate today:


cheddar cheese quesadilla cats, pasta, watermelon 
& kiwi, pretzels & cheese dip, and grapes

provolone cheese eyes & teeth, blueberries for the 
center of the eye and nori for the whiskers

black cat pasta sauteed with a bit of olive oil
and sprinkled with parmesan cheese

cheddar cheese quesadilla with provolone cheese 
for the eyes & teeth, nori for the center of the eye & whiskers

sliced kiwi & watermelon shaped moons and "boo"

purple & green grape kabobs

what was left over - 
the cheese teeth and some of the tiny quesadilla stars


 after punching out my main shapes I always have a
bit left over,so I use a tiny cutter to make cute shapes 
so I'll have as little waste as possible

lots of little stars and only a few scrapes left over

I can't believe that my child, the pickiest eater alive, actually ate nori! HE ATE SEAWEED! He tried one of the whiskers and declared "Oh wow, I love those yummy whiskers!" Pat on the back for me.




Bento of the Week

6 comments:

lisa9999 said...

A really nice lunch. The smiling cat was adorable.

B said...

Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Your cats are soooo cute! Their smiles are great!

Candy Girl said...

I love those grinning cats! Great tin!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Love the Cheshire cats!! Very cute! Thanks for participating at Bento Blog Network!! Don't forget to come back after 8pm on Tuesday to vote for your favorite!

Ludicrous Mama said...

I always make sure to tell my child what she's eating, even if I'm afraid she'll hate it based on preconceived notions. But I wait until she's tried it first, if I think she'll refuse based on a name. But she loves her seaweed. And asks for squid (calamari) at the "fish egg restaurant" (Japanese buffet with salmon roe and smaller eggs with their sushi bar. She LOVES 'em!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...