Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Last week for the under the sea bentos I bought ramen noodles for the "water". The grocery didn't have the noodles for sale in a single pack, so I had to buy a six pack. And today M found them hiding in the pantry and practically begged to eat them for lunch. Since it's the weekend I thought I would be a super nice mom and allow it (and just close my eyes and ignore how much sodium is in each serving). Note to self: find a new hiding place for the ramen noodles.

(Last week when I dyed the ramen noodles I added the food coloring to the water while they were boiling and they came out with a really nice even color. This time because I knew I was going to need two different colors ("grass" and "sky") I cooked the noodles, drained them, and then added in the food coloring. The color didn't turn out as even this time, but M didn't seem to mind.)

blue & green dyed ramen noodles
cheese sticked halved, sliced and dyed brown for the trunk
fruit leather leaves
apple clouds
dyed provolone cheese & fruit leather face




Tools Used:

1 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I love how colorful this one is!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...